Temporary Changes to Our Resort Policies
Ananda Yoga & Detox Center is taking the onset of Coronavirus pandemic seriously. Right now our island is quiet and peaceful, and remains a place to avoid the stress that people are feeling elsewhere. With the safety of our guests in mind, we would like to make a statement regarding how we are responding to the virus as well as describe temporary changes to our Refund, Cancellation, and Transfer Policies.
Changes to Our Refund, Cancellation, and Transfer Policies:
We are temporarily altering our policies while global travel concerns and issues remain in effect due to coronavirus.
- All administrative fees will be waived for anyone who is barred from entering the country, or who wishes to reschedule their trip and move their stay to a later date within this calendar year (2020).
- If you contact us prior to your date of arrival, 100% of your deposit can be moved to a later time in 2020.
Precautions Implemented at Our Resort:
- The yoga mats in our hall for our guest’s use have been thoroughly scrubbed down. We are providing hand sanitizer and encouraging everyone to cleanse their hands before and after touching mats and props.
- Our yoga teachers will ask everyone before class to wash their hands.
- We will encourage all of our guests to bring and use their own yoga mats if possible.
- For personal safety, we highly encourage that you bring your own towel or sarong to place over our mats while you practice on them.
- We request that guests keep 1 meter of space between each other while they practice, visit the sauna and resort areas.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed around the resort.
- We have explained to our staff the seriousness of the virus and anyone experiencing fever, cough, or lethargy to cease working immediately and to report it and isolate themselves. As of now, there have been no reports or indications of illness with our staff and guests.
Overall, we feel that being on a small tropical island is probably a safer place to be than in the cities and towns, but we encourage anyone traveling to us to please exercise patience, avoid physical contact with other travelers as much as possible, and to wash your hands at every convenience.
If you are experiencing any indication of illness, please refrain from traveling, and follow any recommendations by the World Health Organizations, and the governments of your country, and the countries that you would travel to.
- If the Resort receives notice of a guest’s booking cancellation at any time within 15 days before the guest’s scheduled arrival, none of any deposit or advance payment made will be refundable.
- If notice of a guest’s cancellation is received by the Resort at any time between 15 – 30 days prior to the guest’s scheduled arrival, 50% of any deposit or advance payment made will be refunded.
- If notice of a guest’s cancellation is received by the Resort more than 30 days prior to the guest’s scheduled arrival, the entire amount of any deposit or advance payment made will be refunded.
- Cooking of food, using room heating appliances or ironing clothes;
- Carelessly discarding still glowing cigarette butts in waste-paper baskets and garbage cans;
- Engaging in any other behavior that could cause a fire or otherwise endanger life or property.