200 Hour Aligned Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
Align tradition with innovation, stillness with flow, timeless yogic wisdom with personal discovery. Begin your yoga journey with us or recommit and deepen your practice. Whichever it is you will love your teacher training experience here on Koh Phangan, our island paradise.
- 28 Nights of accommodation.
- Three healthy vegan / vegetarian meals.
- Access to salt water pool, steam room, relaxation areas.
- Sunsets and beach walks.
- Unlimited herbal tea and filter water.
- Two massage over the duration of the training.
- Welcome package and graduation party.
- Pick up and drop off at Ferry.
- Assistance with Motorbike and bicycle rental.
- On site Laundry Service available at an additional cost.
- 15% Discount off a yoga or detox retreat within a year of the completion of your training.
- Free Wi-Fi
Special Offer for our November Program
All-Inclusive Early bird price of – $999 on dormitory accommodation if paid before November 15.
Covid Special price after November 15th – $1177.00.
|Accommodation Upgrades for Early Bird November Teacher Training Programs||Price|
|Dorm Accommodation (Mixed Gender/Shared)||$999|
|Garden Room (Shared or Couples)||$1,250|
|Garden Room (Private)||$1,500|
|Elevated Bungalow (Private)||$1,999|
|Accommodation Upgrades for November Teacher Training Programs Special||Price|
|Dorm Accommodation (Mixed Gender/Shared)||$1177|
|Garden Room (Shared or Couples)||$1,425|
|Garden Room (Private)||$1,677|
|Elevated Bungalow (Private)||$2177|
Experience our Center (Video)
We have crafted a 1:30 minute video to show you the beauty of Koh Phangan and walk you through the experience you could have when you decide to have your yoga teacher training with us.
Upon successful completion of this training course you will be equipped with:
- The ability to sequence and teach a dynamic, vinyasa style asana class to a variety of levels
- The ability to sequence and teach a gentle, restorative style asana class
- An understanding of the ashtanga system and how it influences contemporary yoga forms
- An understanding of alternative movement forms that inform contemporary yoga practices
- The interpersonal skills needed for successful teaching practices
- Your own personalised asana practice
- Your own personalised seated practice
- An understanding of yoga anatomy, both subtle and contemporary
- An understanding of the greater context of Yoga including its textual basis and modern interpretations
- A personal and experiential understanding of yoga philosophy
- Business of Yoga skills
- A 200-hour Yoga Alliance certificate that is internationally recognised
Our program meets and exceeds all yoga alliance requirements. Your 200 hour program features the following
- Comprehensive asana instruction in dynamic ashtanga and vinyasa forms in addition to explorations of softer forms such as yin, myofascial release, restorative yoga and more.
- Daily pose clinics and workshops
- Practical yoga anatomy curriculum
- Practical yoga philosophy curriculum
- Dynamic and very hands on teaching curriculum – you will practice teaching both yin and yang forms
- Extensive practicum experiences including on line and in person experiences
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ethics of teaching and scope of practice
- Yoga for self care and self healing
- The yoga lifestyle
- All instruction in English so you must be able to speak and read English at conversational level
- You must be able to participate in a group learning experience and be willing to accept and provide feedback in an objective and constructive way.
- Some yoga experience but you do not have to be advanced
- No need to be flexible.
|Month||Dates||Early Bird Deadline|
|November||Nov 21 – Dec 18||Special Offer – $999 Early Bird/ 1177.00 Special Price|
|January 2022||Jan 9 – February 5||November 28|
|March 2022||March 6 – April 1||January 23|
|June 2022||June 19 – July 16||May 29|
|August 2022||July 31 – August 27||June 20|
|2022 Bulgarian Summer program||August 7 – September 3||*see corresponding page here. Different details apply.|
|September 2022||September 25 – October 22||August 15|
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Check out our center here.
Regular Schedule of Prices
- Starts at $2,200, and depends on the type of accommodation (see the table below).
- We are offering you a limited early bird discount of $300 on all of our plans, if you pay your deposit at least six weeks in advance.
- A deposit of $650 will reserve your spot.
|Type of Accommodation||Price|
|Dorm Accommodation (Mixed Gender/Shared)||$2,200|
|Garden Room (Shared or Couples)||$2,550|
|Garden Room (Private)||$2,675|
|Elevated Bungalow (Shared or Couples)||$2,950|
|Elevated Bungalow (Private)||$3,250|
Our mixed gender dorm rooms can accommodate up to 4 people. They are simple yet comfortable and include the basics of what you will need. Just steps from the studio.
We have both private and shared garden rooms. All feature balconies overlooking our lovely garden. Sea breezes will keep you cool.
We have both private and shared elevated bungalows. All feature lovely balconies looking out at the sunset.
Sample Schedule of a training day
|7 – 8:45am||Practice|
|9 – 10:00am||Breakfast & Break|
|10 – 10:30 am||Self study time|
|10:30 – 1.30 pm||Theory – Yoga Anatomy and Practical Yoga Philosophy|
|1.30 – 2.30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 – 5:00pm||Pose Clinics, Yoga Teaching Theory and Techniques and Practicum|
|5:00 – 6:00pm||Meditation, Pranayama, Yin, Restorative, Somatic Practices and Slow Flow Yoga|
|6:30pm||Dinner and Rest|
|7:00 pm||Review Sessions, Open discussion, Movies – twice a week|
We have been a Yoga Alliance accredited Registered Yoga School (RYS) since 2007.
Join our Program
Valerie is an amazing teacher. Her passion and extensive knowledge was reflected in the confidence I felt at the end of the training. It was an incredible journey of self learning, inspiration on and off the mat and ultimately a gift we pass on to others. I would definitely recommend her teacher training program to everyone who wishes to challenge themselves and deepen their practice.
— Sarah, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
The training was a great experience to improve my skills in teaching, clueing, layering. Valerie, the head of the training is knowledgable, passionate for yoga, and a great practitioner. She knows the business industry as well and shares that experience as a yoga studio owner. Most importantly she manages to help us to develop our own style and voice as a yoga teacher.
— Veronique, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
I was very satisfied with the training I received at Yama Yoga Studios. The program was broad in its scope and the teachers offered invaluable guidance throughout. I particularly appreciated the open mindedness with which Valerie encouraged us to approach varied perspectives, even when they were at odds with her own. To me, this is the hallmark of an accomplished educator
— Juilet, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training