200 Hour Aligned Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
Align tradition with innovation, stillness with flow, timeless yogic wisdom with personal discovery. Begin your yoga journey with us or recommit and deepen your practice. Whichever it is you will love your teacher training experience here on Koh Phangan, our island paradise.
- 28 Nights of accomodation.
- Three healthy vegan / vegetarian meals.
- Access to salt water pool, steam room, relaxation areas.
- Sunsets and beach walks.
- Unlimited herbal tea and filter water.
- Two massage over the duration of the training.
- Welcome package and graduation party.
- Pick up and drop off at Ferry.
- Assistance with Motorbike and bicycle rental.
- Laundry Service.
- 15% Discount off a yoga or detox retreat within a year of the completion of your training.
- Free Wi-Fi
Experience our Center (Video)
We have crafted a 1:30 minute video to show you the beauty of Koh Phangan and walk you through the experience you could have when you decide to have your yoga teacher training with us.
Upon successful completion of this training course you will be equipped with:
- The ability to sequence and teach a dynamic, vinyasa style asana class to a variety of levels
- The ability to sequence and teach a gentle, restorative style asana class
- An understanding of the ashtanga system and how it influences contemporary yoga forms
- An understanding of alternative movement forms that inform contemporary yoga practices
- The interpersonal skills needed for successful teaching practices
- Your own personalised asana practice
- Your own personalised seated practice
- An understanding of yoga anatomy, both subtle and contemporary
- An understanding of the greater context of Yoga including its textual basis and modern interpretations
- A personal and experiential understanding of yoga philosophy
- Business of Yoga skills
- A 200-hour Yoga Alliance certificate that is internationally recognised
Our program meets and exceeds all yoga alliance requirements. Your 200 hour program features the following
- Comprehensive asana instruction in dynamic ashtanga and vinyasa forms in addition to explorations of softer forms such as yin, myofascial release, restorative yoga and more.
- Daily pose clinics and workshops
- Practical yoga anatomy curriculum
- Practical yoga philosophy curriculum
- Dynamic and very hands on teaching curriculum – you will practice teaching both yin and yang forms
- Extensive practicum experiences including on line and in person experiences
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ethics of teaching and scope of practice
- Yoga for self care and self healing
- The yoga lifestyle
- All instruction in English so you must be able to speak and read English at conversational level
- You must be able to participate in a group learning experience and be willing to accept and provide feedback in an objective and constructive way.
- Some yoga experience but you do not have to be advanced
- No need to be flexible.
|Month||Check In||Training Dates||Check out|
|April||April 18||April 19 – May 15||May 16|
|May||May 23||May 24 – June 19||June 20|
|June/Jul||June 27||June 28 – July 24||July 25|
|August||Aug 1||Aug 2 – Aug 28||Aug 29|
|September||Sept 26||Sept 27 – Oct 25||Oct 24|
|November||Nov 7||Nov 8 – Dec 4||Dec 5|
|January 2022||Jan 9||Jan 10 – February 4||Feb 5|
|March 2022||March 6||March 7 – March 31||April 1|
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Check out our center here.
- Starts at $2,200, and depends on the type of accommodation (see the table below).
- We are offering you a limited early bird discount of $300 on all of our plans, if you pay your deposit at least six weeks in advance.
- A deposit of $650 will reserve your spot.
|Type of Accommodation||Price|
|Dorm Accommodation (Mixed Gender/Shared)||$2,200|
|Garden Room (Shared or Couples)||$2,550|
|Garden Room (Private)||$2,675|
|Elevated Bungalow (Shared or Couples)||$2,950|
|Elevated Bungalow (Private)||$3,250|
Our mixed gender dorm rooms can accommodate up to 4 people. They are simple yet comfortable and include the basics of what you will need. Just steps from the studio.
We have both private and shared garden rooms. All feature balconies overlooking our lovely garden. Sea breezes will keep you cool.
We have both private and shared elevated bungalows. All feature lovely balconies looking out at the sunset.
Our Covid 19 Response
- Due to Covid restrictions all visitors to Thailand need to do a 2 week quarantine in an approved hotel before moving to the location of their choice. We are optimistic that this will change soon
- Meanwhile for those of you short on time we are offering you the opportunity to start your teacher training program while in quarantine and then continue it live once you can join us in person. We understand this is second best to being with us for the duration but want to provide this opportunity as an option regardless.
- Students enrolled in this program will follow the program exactly except that all classes will be offered via zoom.
- Prices for our Quarantine Hybrid Program are listed below. You will be responsible for the cost of your Quarantine and travel to Koh Phangan.
- Deposits on programs are fully refundable if government restrictions prevent you from attending or us from offering.
|Type of Accommodation||Price|
|Dorm Accommodation (Mixed Gender/Shared)||$1,750|
|Garden Room (Shared or Couples)||$1,925|
|Garden Room (Private)||$1,990|
|Elevated Bungalow (Shared or Couples)||$2,150|
|Elevated Bungalow (Private)||$2225|
Sample Schedule of a training day
|7 – 8:45am||Practice|
|9 – 10:00am||Breakfast & Break|
|10 – 10:30 am||Self study time|
|10:30 – 1pm||Theory – Yoga Anatomy and Practical Yoga Philosophy|
|1 – 2pm||Lunch|
|2 – 3:15pm||Pose Clinics|
|3:30 – 5:45pm||Yoga Teaching Theory and Techniques and Practicum|
|5:45 – 6:25pm||Meditation, Pranayama, Yin, Restorative, Somatic Practices and Slow Flow Yoga|
|6:30pm||Dinner and Rest|
|7:30 pm||Review Sessions, Open discussion, Movies – twice a week|
We have been a Yoga Alliance accredited Registered Yoga School (RYS) since 2007.
Join our Program
Valerie is an amazing teacher. Her passion and extensive knowledge was reflected in the confidence I felt at the end of the training. It was an incredible journey of self learning, inspiration on and off the mat and ultimately a gift we pass on to others. I would definitely recommend her teacher training program to everyone who wishes to challenge themselves and deepen their practice.
— Sarah, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
The training was a great experience to improve my skills in teaching, clueing, layering. Valerie, the head of the training is knowledgable, passionate for yoga, and a great practitioner. She knows the business industry as well and shares that experience as a yoga studio owner. Most importantly she manages to help us to develop our own style and voice as a yoga teacher.
— Veronique, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
I was very satisfied with the training I received at Yama Yoga Studios. The program was broad in its scope and the teachers offered invaluable guidance throughout. I particularly appreciated the open mindedness with which Valerie encouraged us to approach varied perspectives, even when they were at odds with her own. To me, this is the hallmark of an accomplished educator
— Juilet, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training