200 Hour Aligned Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
Align tradition with innovation, stillness with flow, timeless yogic wisdom with personal discovery. Begin your yoga journey with us or recommit and deepen your practice. Whichever it is you will love your teacher training experience here on Koh Phangan, our island paradise.
For some of us teaching is a calling, a drive to share what we love and what we have to give. It is a form of devotion to our families, students and communities. For others the opportunity to dive into our practice is to experience joy and the discovery of self – also something we offer to others.
Our program combines creative and intelligently sequenced yoga classes, hands-on workshops, small group adjustment and practicum sessions and practical anatomy and philosophy to support you in deepening your personal practice and discovering your own voice and unique contribution to the yoga world and community.
- 28 nights of accomodation.
- Three healthy vegan / vegetarian meals.
- Access to salt water pool, steam room, relaxation areas.
- Sunsets and beach walks.
- Unlimited herbal tea and filter water.
- Two massage over the duration of the training.
- Welcome package and graduation party.
- Pick up and drop off at Ferry.
- Assistance with Motorbike and bicycle rental.
- Laundry Service.
- 15% Discount off a yoga or detox retreat within a year of the completion of your training.
- Free Wi-Fi
Upon successful completion of this training course you will be equipped with:
- The ability to sequence and teach a dynamic, vinyasa style asana class to a variety of levels
- The ability to sequence and teach a gentle, restorative style asana class
- The interpersonal skills needed for successful teaching practices
- Your own personalised asana practice
- Your own personalised seated practice
- An understanding of yoga anatomy, both subtle and contemporary
- An understanding of the greater context of Yoga including its textual basis and modern interpretations
- A personal and experiential understanding of yoga philosophy
- Business of Yoga skills
- A 200-hour Yoga Alliance certificate that is internationally recognised
Our program meets and exceeds all yoga alliance requirements. Your 200 hour program features the following
- Comprehensive asana instruction in dynamic and yin forms
- Daily pose clinics and workshops
- Practical yoga anatomy curriculum
- Practical yoga philosophy curriculum
- Dynamic and very hands on teaching curriculum – you will practice teaching both yin and yang forms
- Extensive practicum experiences including on line and in person experiences
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ethics of teaching and scope of practice
- Yoga for self care and self healing
- The yoga lifestyle
- All instruction in English so you must be able to speak and read English at conversational level
- You must be able to participate in a group learning experience and be willing to accept and provide feedback in an objective and constructive way.
- Some yoga experience but you do not have to be advanced
- No need to be flexible.
|Month||Check In||Training Dates||Check out|
|March||Mar 7||Mar 8 – Apr 3||Apr 4|
|May||May 2||May 3 – 28||May 29|
|June||Jun 20||Jun 21 – Jul 17||Jul 18|
|July||Jul 25||Jul 26 – Aug 21||Aug 22|
|September||Sept 26||Sept 27 – Oct 25||Oct 24|
|November||Nov 7||Nov 8 – Dec 4||Dec 5|
|January 2022||Jan 9||Jan 10 – February 4||Feb 5|
|March 2022||March 6||March 7 – March 31||April 1|
- Starts at $2,200, and depends on the type of accommodation (see the table below).
- We are offering you a limited early bird discount of $300 on all of our plans, if you pay your deposit at least six weeks in advance.
- A deposit of $650 will reserve your spot.
|Type of Accomodation||Price|
|Dorm Accommodation (Shared)||$2,200|
|Garden Room (Shared or Couples)||$2750|
|Garden Room (Private)||$3150|
|Elevated Bungalow (Shared)||$3100|
|Elevated Bungalow (Private)||$3750|
Our mixed gender dorm rooms can accommodate up to 4 people. They are simple yet comfortable and include the basics of what you will need. Just steps from the studio.
We have both private and shared garden rooms. All feature balconies overlooking our lovely garden. Sea breezes will keep you cool.
We have both private and shared elevated bungalows. All feature lovely balconies looking out at the sunset.
|7 – 8:45am||Practice|
|9 – 10:30am||Breakfast & Break|
|10:30 – 1pm||Theory – Yoga Anatomy and Practical Yoga Philosophy|
|1 – 2pm||Lunch|
|2 – 3:15pm||Pose Clinics|
|3:30 – 5:45pm||Yoga Teaching Theory and Techniques and Practicum|
|5:45 – 6:25pm||Meditation, Pranayama, Yin, Restorative, Somatic Practices and Slow Flow Yoga|
|6:30pm||Dinner and Rest|
We are a Yoga Alliance accredited Registered Yoga School (RYS)
About our Center
Our lovely center has exceptional amenities and is directly across the road from a beautiful beach and bay. Read More
Join our Program
Valerie is an amazing teacher. Her passion and extensive knowledge was reflected in the confidence I felt at the end of the training. It was an incredible journey of self learning, inspiration on and off the mat and ultimately a gift we pass on to others. I would definitely recommend her teacher training program to everyone who wishes to challenge themselves and deepen their practice.
— Sarah, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
The training was a great experience to improve my skills in teaching, clueing, layering. Valerie, the head of the training is knowledgable, passionate for yoga, and a great practitioner. She knows the business industry as well and shares that experience as a yoga studio owner. Most importantly she manages to help us to develop our own style and voice as a yoga teacher.
— Veronique, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
I was very satisfied with the training I received at Yama Yoga Studios. The program was broad in its scope and the teachers offered invaluable guidance throughout. I particularly appreciated the open mindedness with which Valerie encouraged us to approach varied perspectives, even when they were at odds with her own. To me, this is the hallmark of an accomplished educator
— Juilet, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training