200 Hour Aligned Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
Align tradition with innovation, stillness with flow, timeless yogic wisdom with personal discovery. Begin your yoga journey with us or recommit and deepen your practice. Whichever it is you will love your teacher training experience here on Koh Phangan, our island paradise.
In a Partnership with Yama Yoga Studios
- 28 Nights of accommodation.
- Three healthy vegan / vegetarian meals.
- 2.15-hour daily morning vinyasa and ashtanga practices focused on developing strong practices.
- Afternoon softer classes in Yin, Restorative, Nidra, Myofacial Release, Gongs. Meditation, Mudra and Mantra
- Access to salt water pool, steam room, relaxation areas.
- Sunsets and beach walks.
- Unlimited herbal tea and filter water.
- Two massage over the duration of the training.
- Welcome package and graduation party.
- Assistance with Motorbike and bicycle rental.
- 15% Discount off a yoga or detox retreat within a year of the completion of your training.
- 50% off paddle board rental
- Free Wi-Fi
A sneak Peak into our Program (Video)
Ananda Yoga and Detox Center offers a grounded, inclusive and very thorough teacher training experience. Get a taste of our experience with this video.
Upon successful completion of this training course you will be equipped with:
- The ability to sequence and teach a dynamic, vinyasa style asana class to a variety of levels
- The ability to sequence and teach a gentle, restorative style asana class
- An understanding of the ashtanga system and how it influences contemporary yoga forms
- An understanding of alternative movement forms that inform contemporary yoga practices
- The interpersonal skills needed for successful teaching practices
- Your own personalised asana practice
- Your own personalised seated practice
- An understanding of yoga anatomy, both subtle and contemporary
- An understanding of the greater context of Yoga including its textual basis and modern interpretations
- A personal and experiential understanding of yoga philosophy
- Business of Yoga skills
- A 200-hour Yoga Alliance certificate that is internationally recognised
Our program meets and exceeds all yoga alliance requirements. Your 200 hour program features the following
- Comprehensive asana instruction in dynamic ashtanga and vinyasa forms in addition to explorations of softer forms such as yin, myofascial release, restorative yoga and more.
- Daily pose clinics and workshops
- Practical yoga anatomy curriculum
- Practical yoga philosophy curriculum
- Dynamic and very hands on teaching curriculum – you will practice teaching both yin and yang forms
- Extensive practicum experiences including on line and in person experiences
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ethics of teaching and scope of practice
- Yoga for self care and self healing
- The yoga lifestyle
- All instruction in English so you must be able to speak and read English at conversational level
- You must be able to participate in a group learning experience and be willing to accept and provide feedback in an objective and constructive way.
- Some yoga experience but you do not have to be advanced
- No need to be flexible.
|Dates||Early Bird Deadline|
|October 1 – October 28, 2023||Ask about our Rainy Season special. $500 EB special if deposit paid by August 1|
|November 19 – Dec 16, 2023||October 7, 2023|
|January 7 – February 4, 2024||November 25, 2023|
|February 18 – March 16, 2024||January 6, 2023|
- Prices are listed for 1 person and depends on the type of accommodation (see the table below).
- We are offering you a limited early bird discount of $300 on all of our plans, if you pay your deposit at least six weeks in advance.
- A deposit of USD450 will reserve your spot.
|Type of Accommodation||Price in USD||Early bird price|
|No Accommodation (includes all meals)||$2,200||$1,900|
|Dorm Accommodation (Mixed Gender/Shared)||$2,550||$2,250|
|Garden Room (Double or Twin beds)*||$2,750 each||$2,450 each|
|Garden Room (Private)||$3,050||$2,750|
|Elevated Bungalow (Couples)||$3,100||$2,800|
|Elevated Bungalow (Private)||$3,650||$3,350|
Garden Rooms have Double Beds or Twin Beds
Elevated Bungalows have only Double Beds
Shared Garden rooms for 2 only if both beds fill.
*All rooms have en-suite private bathrooms and air-conditioning
Valerie Jeremijenko (ERYT 500 since 2006, YACPE, PhD, MFA.)
With over 30 years of practice and teaching experience and 15 years of leading teacher training programs Valerie invests in the personal and professional development of students using the tools of asana, practical philosophy, anatomical inquiry, and the simple joy of practice. She infuses her classes with warmth, humour and compassion focusing on self-study and self-nurture for the duration of the program.
Raj has been involved in Yoga in one form or the other since injuring his spine in 2009. He is a KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga instructor, a Founding Member of Yoga Unify (www.yogaunify.org), from where he is certified both as a Founding Member as well as having served in their
Governing Body for community investment from July 2021 till July 2022. He is a Sikh, born and raised in Thailand and has from young been involved in the Dharmic practices of the Sikh and Buddhist faith. In 2016, he founded the School of Kundalini Yoga in Bangkok, Thailand. Combining the love of Hatha and Kundalini Yoga, practicing yoga with Raj is both familiar and different.
With his unique and varied backgrounds, Raj embodies the principles of Yoga, the Yoga philosophy is embedded in the way he chooses to live and is apparent within any of his yoga
classes. Raj brings his knowledge and experience to the Teacher Training team at Yama Yoga, sharing yoga philosophy with depth, practicality, and wide range of perspective.
Amanda Capobianco (E-RYT® 200, RYT® 500, YACEP®)
Amanda joins the Yama Yoga team at Ananda Yoga and Detox Center to share meditative and mantra practices. When sharing these various practices Amanda’s intention is to create a contemplative and permissive space where students can learn and practice tools that engender awareness, compassion and gratitude in a place and time often marked with chaos, stress and disorder. Amanda’s honesty and depth often inspire great changes in personal growth and transformation within her students. Having committed to a path of discipline and self study for over two decades, she is a living example of how to weave the ancient yogic teachings into our everyday lives. Her aim is to make the practices accessible, practical and magical.
Yoga Teacher Training Testimonials
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Check out our center here.
Sample Schedule of a training day
|7 –9.15 am||Practice – Alternates between Vinyasa Forms and Ashtanga forms|
|9 – 10:30||Breakfast & Break|
|10:30 – 1:30||Pose Clinics, Yoga Teaching Theory and Techniques and Practicum|
|1.30 – 2.30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 – 5.00||Theory – Yoga Anatomy and Practical Yoga Philosophy|
|5:00 – 6:00pm||Meditation, Pranayama, Yin, Restorative, Somatic Practices and Slow Flow Yoga|
|6:30pm||Dinner and Rest|
|7:00 pm||Review Sessions, Open discussion, Movies – twice a week|
Our mixed gender dorm rooms can accommodate up to 4 people. They are simple yet comfortable and include the basics of what you will need. Just steps from the studio.
We have both private and shared garden rooms. All feature balconies overlooking our lovely garden. Sea breezes will keep you cool.
We have dorm rooms and both private and shared garden rooms. The Garden Rooms feature lovely balconies looking out at the sunset.
We have been a Yoga Alliance accredited Registered Yoga School (RYS) since 2007.
Join our Program
Valerie is an amazing teacher. Her passion and extensive knowledge was reflected in the confidence I felt at the end of the training. It was an incredible journey of self learning, inspiration on and off the mat and ultimately a gift we pass on to others. I would definitely recommend her teacher training program to everyone who wishes to challenge themselves and deepen their practice.
— Sarah, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
I just finished my yoga teacher training at Ananda yoga & detox center in Koh Phangan. It’s been the best decision I made this year. The program just make sense. You feel Valerie put so much effort into making us ready for teaching. From week one we practice teaching and though it’s a bit challenging when you’re not used to it, it also makes you feel so ready in 4 weeks. I grew everyday more then I could’ve imagined. The yoga classes itself been the best I experienced ever. Valerie makes you challenge yourself but always with the most loving smile and help when you need it. The group is not big so there is a lot of personal attention. Those four weeks with my group was like meeting my new family. I can’t express my gratitude enough. Thank you Valerie and all other teachers I had the pleasure of meeting.
And also, I’ve never been more excited about meals in my entire life. The food is next level. Thank you wonderful kitchen staff. You’ve been so warm and kind.
— Kelly, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
The training was a great experience to improve my skills in teaching, clueing, layering. Valerie, the head of the training is knowledgable, passionate for yoga, and a great practitioner. She knows the business industry as well and shares that experience as a yoga studio owner. Most importantly she manages to help us to develop our own style and voice as a yoga teacher.
— Veronique, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
Not sure the proper words exist yet in English to describe Valerie and the entire Ananda team. Perhaps ‘out of this world’ or ‘simply amazing’ would be a good understatement. My experience at Ananda was so much more than imagined. The team is very empowered to help you in building a quality and soul healing experience. Took the 200 hour Yoga Teacher training with Valerie and her assistant Jackie. The training and knowledge between the team is impressive and they worked perfectly together to make all the class stronger in yoga physically and mentally. Valerie has over 30 years of experience and was personally responsible for starting / bringing the art of Yoga to Women in the Middle East. She is an inspirational Master of Yoga of embodies the art. Valerie is very confident and always cares for her students’ health; undoubtably pushed me to new heights and limits never imagined.
— Mark, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
I was very satisfied with the training I received at Yama Yoga Studios. The program was broad in its scope and the teachers offered invaluable guidance throughout. I particularly appreciated the open mindedness with which Valerie encouraged us to approach varied perspectives, even when they were at odds with her own. To me, this is the hallmark of an accomplished educator
— Juilet, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
Valerie – she has quite simply done yoga her entire life and it shows. She’s learned from everyone you can think of in India and around the world (lots of historical knowledge),and has been through injury throughout her life (knows how to help heal the body and encourages modifications to suit your practice ALL THE TIME). She’s the real deal yogi.
Yoga – the yoga is intense (2 hour class + 3 hour workshop every day) but there is never any pressure at all to do more than what your body is ready for. Valerie checks in with every student each morning to see how their bodies are feeling and provides recommendations on what they should do more/less of each practice. She is a big proponent of “the student is always right” and to “modify, modify, modify.” If you want to go super hard? She will coach you how to do it safely. Want to protect an injury – she will give you 5 different mods to consider or be totally happy with you just sitting a pose out.
Class Size – we had 11 students and 3 teachers which is just an INCREDIBLE ratio.
— Shelly, 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training