200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bulgaria
Escape to a lovely rustic village in the heart of Bulgaria and discover the depths of your practice and the potential of your teaching. Our Yoga Alliance approved Bulgaria-based program offers an intensive experience only hours away from most major European hubs.
For some of us teaching is a calling, a drive to share what we love and what we have to give. It is a form of devotion to our families, students, and communities. For others, the opportunity to dive into our practice is to experience joy and the discovery of self – also something we offer to others.
Our program combines creative and intelligently sequenced yoga classes, hands-on workshops, small group adjustment and practicum sessions and practical anatomy and philosophy to support you in deepening your personal practice and discovering your own voice and unique contribution to the yoga world and community.
- 28 nights of accommodation.
- Light breakfast and lunch. Teas and fruit throughout the day. Dinner on your own.
- Access to sauna, relaxation areas.
- Comprehensive manuals.
- Free Wi-Fi
Upon successful completion of this training course you will be equipped with:
- The ability to sequence and teach a dynamic, vinyasa style asana class to a variety of levels
- The ability to sequence and teach a gentle, restorative style asana class
- The interpersonal skills needed for successful teaching practices
- Your own personalised asana practice
- Your own personalised seated practice
- An understanding of yoga anatomy, both subtle and contemporary
- An understanding of the greater context of Yoga including its textual basis and modern interpretations
- A personal and experiential understanding of yoga philosophy
- Business of Yoga skills
- A 200-hour Yoga Alliance certificate that is internationally recognised
Our program meets and exceeds all yoga alliance requirements. Your 200 hour program features the following
- Comprehensive asana instruction in dynamic and yin forms
- Daily pose clinics and workshops
- Practical yoga anatomy curriculum
- Practical yoga philosophy curriculum
- Dynamic and very hands on teaching curriculum – you will practice teaching both yin and yang forms
- Extensive practicum experiences including on line and in person experiences
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ethics of teaching and scope of practice
- Yoga for self care and self healing
- The yoga lifestyle
- All instruction in English so you must be able to speak and read English at conversational level
- You must be able to participate in a group learning experience and be willing to accept and provide feedback in an objective and constructive way.
- Some yoga experience but you do not have to be advanced
|Month||Check In||Training Dates||Check out|
- Starts at $2,500, and depends on the type of accommodation (see the table below).
- We are offering you a limited early bird discount of $300 if you pay the deposit least six weeks in advance.
- A deposit of $650 will reserve your spot.
|Type of Accommodation||Price|
|Twin or small room||$2,750|
|Private standard room||$3,000|
|Private large room||$3,250|
We have a limited number of small private rooms on site or within walking distance of the studio. All well appointed with shared bathrooms.
Our private standard rooms are in lovely Bulgarian cottages either on site or within walking distance of the studio.
Our large rooms on-site or within walking distance of the studio are in lovely Bulgarian cottages with access to shared kitchens. Self-contained apartments are also available a ten-minute drive away. A car is recommended for this option.
In addition to the accommodation, we have on-site or in nearby cottages we can recommend historic hotels in Veliko Tarnovo, just a 15 minute drive away. If you choose to use a hotel we can recommend drivers or help with car or bicycle rental.
|7 – 9:00 am||Practice|
|9 – 10:00 am||Breakfast & Break|
|10:00 – 12.30 pm||Theory – Yoga Anatomy and Practical Yoga Philosophy|
|12.30 – 1.30 pm||Lunch|
|1.30 – 4.30 pm||Pose Clinics, Yoga Teaching Theory and Techniques and Practicum|
|4:45 – 6:00 pm||Meditation, Pranayama, Yin, Restorative, Somatic Practices and Slow Flow Yoga|
|6:00 pm||Dinner on your own|
We are a Yoga Alliance accredited Registered Yoga School (RYS)
Join our Program
When I moved to Qatar I was looking for a reputable place for yoga, Yama yoga was the perfect place, it exceeded my expectations, all the teachers are excellent, Valerie, the founder is a great knowledgable teacher, I was totally transformed, the yoga retreat in Bulgaria was the icing on the cake!.
— Zainab, Bulgarian Retreat
This place is SO much more than a yoga studio: It’s an international community of people who help each other grow stronger physically, spiritually and mentally.
Thank you Valerie for creating a safe space that became a home away from home
— Yosra, 200 and 300 hr Yoga Teacher Training
Yama Yoga is suitable for both beginners and advanced practitioners. The teachers are characterised by professionalism and the ability to present the material in an interesting and accessible way. I highly recommend yogis in Thailand and Bulgaria to visit Yama Yoga in person.
— Nadia, 200 and 300 hr Yoga Teacher Training
A Message from our Partner
- Our partner Jooble, is offering vacancies to yoga teachers, find out more here.
- Jooble is a job search engine created for a single purpose: To help you find the job of your dreams!