When we give our bodies the nourishment that it needs, many other aspects of our lives fall into place. This broccoli soup is one of the most popular dishes at Ananda’s Yogi Restaurant. Simple yet so delicious! With much request, we’ve decided to share the recipe so that you can enjoy our Broccoli Soup at home. Bon appetit!
Whether you’re enjoying your yoga teacher training on Koh Phangan, or just looking for a healthy food option, you’re sure to love this dish!
Broccoli Soup Ingredients
- 50g Broccoli
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ of an Onion
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- Pinch of Pumpkin Seeds
- Pinch of Coriander
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Wok or Large Frying Pan
- Finely chop onion and garlic, and cut broccoli into large dice sized pieces.
- Heat frying pan or wok and add olive oil. Add in onion and garlic and stir to cook until lightly browned but not burned. About 15 seconds.
- Add chopped broccoli and water to boil the veggies. Leave for about 5 minutes.
- Once the broccoli is cooked and softened, remove from pan and put in a blender. Blend until consistency is smooth without any visible chunks.
- Pour blended soup in a bowl, sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top, coriander, and cayenne pepper.
TIP: You can eat the Ananda Broccoli Soup hot or cold. You can pour it over salad like dressing or over some brown rice to create a heartier meal!
Broccoli Soup Benefits
- In addition to tasting amazing, broccoli soup is great for Anti-Candida treatment, and is very low calorie.
- This soup is a good source of fiber, and it helps digestion and prevents constipation.
- Broccoli soup is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free.
- Eating this soup can help to lower cholesterol, it’s a powerful antioxidant, and can reduce allergic reactions & inflammations.
Ananda’s Yogi Restaurant is open 7 days per week 8:30am to 9:00pm. Stop in and order some broccoli soup and take a look at all of the other amazing yogi friendly dishes that our restaurant has to offer.